It's been more than a month since our last update, and with good reason. We recruited a hundred developers to run Statamic 3 through an Alpha phase to smooth out any "getting started" issues and hiccups. And now you won't encounter a the pile of issues that we fixed along the way. And now it's ready. And now we're ready. And now it's happening. And now I'm using bad grammar on purpose. And now you're annoyed.
I'll spare you more than one intro paragraph and get right into the details you seek. The Statamic 3 Open Beta has begun! We've opened up out GitHub repos to the public, have put up the draft documentation.
The links you've been waiting for:
- Statamic 3 Documentation - Read these words to ingest knowledge. The home page sets various expectations — read this page if nothing else!
- Statamic 3 Application Repo - Use this one to start your site from.
- Statamic 3 Core Package Repo - This is the core application package. It has all the sweet features. Bug reports and PRs go here.
- Statamic 3 Migrator - Use this to upgrade your v2 site in less than a minute.
A few other important pages and links
- The upgrade guide has a comprehensive list of breaking changes and a list of steps to take when upgrading a v2 site (if you don't use the migrator).
- Statamic 3 principles is a page that gives you a high level approach of how we think about content management and how it affects our approach to features and workflow.
- If you want to open issues, request features, or contribute please read the contribution guide first.
- The Statamic Discord is a good place to chat with us and other beta testers. Use the
Quick Start Guide
If you don't even plan on reading the docs (you should though, please read them), here's how to get started. First, install Statamic via composer in your command line.
composer create-project statamic/statamic my-site --prefer-dist --stability=dev
cd into that project and make your first user...
php please make:user
And then get busy reading the docs! 😁
The words at the bottom of the post
We hope you love Statamic 3 as much as us, and even more than v2. We're ready and waiting for your feedback. And make sure to like and subscr--, er, star the GitHub repos. Show us and the rest of the internet you're excited!