Experience the New New User User Experience!
Wangjangled on February 19th, 2019
Let's face it, one of the worst user experiences in Statamic v2 was creating a new user and inviting them to the control panel. To even detail how insufficient it was would be too painful for me in my current S.A.D. state, so we're going to pretend it didn't exist for right now. Erstwhile, we built a brand new user experience for the process, and I'm quite confident you'll be pleased with it.
How it works, step by step
- Email address is the only required user data. There are no usernames or superfluous details.
- Super Admin will give the user access to everything in the control panel. It is not enabled by default.
- If Super Admin is enabled, the Role picker disappears. It is no longer necessary.
- If you don't want to automatically generate a password, a password field appears.
- If you want to send an email invite, the next step in the wizard will be a pre-populated email you can edit as you wish. You will be able to customize the HTML and markup if these types of emails outside the control panel.
- If you want the password to be changed when the user signs in (recommended), it will do just that.
- Once a user is signed in, they'll be taken to their User Profile where they can update whatever fields you've set for your user records. For example, name, title, phone number, and so on.
If you liked creating users by hand in YAML, you still can do that, but this is a great and intuitive way for non-developers to take care of member management themselves.
Hurray for wizards! 🧙